Tuesday, February 10, 2009

25 Random Things About Me-A Facebook Exercise

1. I agree with Stephen Wright that you’re not paranoid if someone is really following you.

2. If raising great dogs is any kind of indicator as to the father I would have been..um, I would have been a great father.

3. My niece and nephews grew up way too fast but they’re all gonna be great grown-ups I have a lot in common with.

4. On the last day of a trip, I once helped a girl get a street dog vaccinated and its records post-dated and then successfully brought it back to Houston from Playa del Carmen, Mexico…she named him Amigo.

5. I’m surrounded by friends that make me so proud in the parents they’ve become and the great kids they’re raising.

6. I think in Haiku when I’m sad sometimes.

7. Eight years ago I wrote 7 solid pages and a tight outline of a novel that I will admittedly never finish but I still think about it almost every day.

8. I also wrote 3 pages of a sweet screenplay based on a true story that I will never finish but I think about that a lot too.

9. Over the last 10 years I’ve had the good fortune in life to have jobs and friends with jobs that has allowed me to average eating lunch 2 or 3 times a week all over Houston with the same group of friends and I wouldn’t trade that for anything.

10. I’ve told 5 women that I loved them but now that I better understand love I think I really only loved 2 of them.

11. I have the same waist size as Jerry Seinfeld.

12. I purposely gained 15 pounds over the last year.

13. I have not watched TV at my house since the beginning of July last year.

14. I have a list of 5 things that I have said or written that are worth re-quoting.

15. I used to routinely stand around alone in a restaurant or club waiting for someone and having a fake phone conversation so as not to appear like a lonely loser with no friends but I don’t do that anymore…now I stand around and fake text.

16. By my humble estimation, I could beat 95% of the people that read this in Jeopardy.

17. I played golf almost every week for years and then my clubs got stolen and I haven’t played since and I oddly don’t miss it.

18. Hank Jr. said it best, “All my rowdy friends have settled down”…so I went out and made a bunch of new rowdy friends…and then they all settled down too.

19. I lived in my dream house by the time I was 30…poetically, my ex-girlfriend and her family still live there and now it’s their dream house.

20. “My Little Runaway” by Del Shannon was the Billboard number one hit the week I was born.

21. I recently let my hair grow for a year and a half just to get back at my parents for not letting me have it long in the 70’s.

22. The optimism and hope in my sister’s 25 Random Things made me physically tired…but also very, very proud.

23. I love Houston and living 15 minutes from my mom and dad.

24. The beach still makes me feel like a little kid.

25. Finally, to paraphrase Jeff Foxworthy, if I’m screwed up it’s not because of my parents; it’s because I’m just a shithead.

Coming Friday: My Big Fat TV Experiment

3 comments:

Steve Stanford said...

You did good, dude.

Anonymous said...

i've been getting about 200 random things about me facebook posts from 8 different people per day (do the math...). yours was actually worth reading.

& I'm right there w/ you on #15.
- rex

Unknown said...

so...
8 - sure wish u would finish it!!!
9 - i'm a little jealous!!
11 - and you're as funny as him too!!!
14 - i really want to hear all 5 of them!!
22 - thank u!! i am proud to call u bro!!!
23 - jealous about this too!!

great job bro!! luvu!!!